Welcome to the the Research Center for Korean Community’s Donations page.
The Research Center for Korean Community (RCKC) was established at Queens College in 2009. For many years, Pyong Gap Min, a professor of sociology at Queens College and the CUNY Graduate Center, had wanted to establish a center that conducts research on Korean Americans and other overseas Koreans in the manner of the many university-sanctioned Jewish centers that conduct research on the global Jewish community. Min noticed that Jewish Americans preserve their ethnic and cultural traditions while attaining socioeconomic mobility far more effectively than many other ethnic groups in the United States.Furthermore, he noticed that these Jewish research centers were largely funded by philanthropists and other members of the Jewish community, which reinforced the mutually beneficial nature of the centers. In 2009, with a generous donation from an anonymous NYC-area Korean businessman and the infrastructural support of Queens College, RCKC was established in order to serve the Korean-American community. RCKC aims to disseminate data to help the Korean-American community formulate long-term plans for policy implications, transmitting cultural traditions, and other benefits for younger and future generations. Although Queens College provides infrastructure, RCKC receives no financial support from the college. Thus, RCKC cannot operate without donations from the community.
The following are some of the main goals and activities of RCKC:
- Analyzing Data about the Korean-American Population and the Korean Community
- Disseminating Data, Information, and Findings through Research Reports, Working Papers, Monographs, Edited Books, and our Korean American Data Bank
- Organizing Quarterly Lecture Events
- Organizing and Hosting Annual Conferences
- Inviting International Visiting Scholars Annually
- Providing Annual Dissertation Scholarships to Doctoral Students
- Providing a Mini-Library for the Public Containing Books, Newspapers, Journals, Articles, and Other Materials on Korean Americans, other overseas Korean groups, and the New York-New Jersey Korean community
To make a donation by check or money order:
Please make checks payable to QC Foundation (RCKC).
Send payment to:
The Research Center for Korean Community
Kissena Hall, Room 333
65-30 Kissena Blvd
Flushing, NY 11367.
To make a donation online, please click the button below:
Thank you for your support.